Sword PC Bible Study Tools
Download the Sword Project PC Bible from The CrossWire Society. The Sword Reader features a 3 window viewer that allows you to display your Bibles in one window, your commentaries in another and your dictionaries and lexicons in another. There is a Personal Commentary for keeping notes of your Bible Study tied to a specific Bible chapter, full Greek and Hebrew lexicons tied to Interlinear Bibles and a great word or phrase search tool. The Sword is easy to download and start using and is absolutely free to end users.
Please follow these instructions carefully:
- You must install the Reader before installing the modules
- Shut down all other programs on your PC aside from your web browser.
- Click once on the Sword Reader button below.
- Choose to Run the Program (Do not choose Save the File).
- Accept all of the defaults for the Reader. It will download the main reader, the AKJV Bible, your Personal Commentary and Nave’s Topical Index. The first install program will download the files and once you hit finish, will launch the software install program on your machine. Again, accept the defaults, this is important for your next step in loading the additional modules.
- Read and accept the license. This is a free, open license to use the software.
- A Read Me file will open. Read the file and the warning on privacy, especially if you are outside of the USA. Close the window.
- The Install Manager will launch, you will not need this for this install so close the Install Manager window.
- Click finish and return to this window.
Now install the modules:
- Click on any of the Sword Module Pack buttons below — Choose to Run the Program.
- Read and accept the license and please remember to pick the default file locations.
- Pick the Default or Custom install. Custom lets you pick all of the modules you want.
- Install downloads and places the files in the correct directories.
- Next time you run Sword the modules will automatically install.